- The purpose of InDesign is to allow you to assemble type…and graphics into multi-page documents that you can either…print or export as a PDF file or export as an EPUB,…that is, an electronic publication.…And the great thing about InDesign is that it allows you…to multi-purpose your documents so something that starts off…as a print document can turn into an EPUB and so forth.…Now in this movie, I'm going to show you how to create a new…document inside of InDesign that you can use…in any way you want.…
When you first launch the most recent version…of InDesign CC, you'll see a What's New screen, which can be…useful for learning about the new features of the software,…but it only goes so far.…If you'd like to hide this screen, click on the Done button,…and if you never want to see it again, then turn on the…Don't Show Again checkbox and then click Done, which is a…perfectly acceptable way to work because if you ever want…to see that screen again, you just have to go up to…the Help menu and choose What's New.…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.