Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Start the Watermark script, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- [Voiceover] Are you ready to create another script?…Let's write a script that adds a watermark to each page…of the active InDesign document.…This will give us the opportunity to learn…several new script concepts.…If you search for the word watermark…in the object model viewer,…you'll discover that there is something called…watermark preference object.…This is curious, because InDesign itself doesn't have…any watermark capabilities.…So why is this in the object model?…Well, there's a few little hidden gems in the object model.…For things that can be done via scripting,…that don't appear anywhere in the InDesign interface.…
Unfortunately, the watermarks created with this…watermark preference object have some limitations.…So instead, we're just going to add a watermark…as a normal text frame placed on a new layer…that floats above all the other page items.…Just like our last script, we're going to start…with a new script template that I've provided.…So open the 07_01 new script template in the tool kit.…And then choose File, Save As.…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.