Practical examples of how object styles can be used.
- [Instructor] How you use object styles depends on…the kind of publications you're working with.…In this movie, I'll show some examples of object styles…that I use frequently.…They're all easy to set up and can save a lot of time…as well as contribute to a better-looking document.…I'm going to move to the second page,…where we have all of the frames in their starting state.…Command spacebar, click and drag to…view the images at the top.…So in all my documents, I have a few object styles…that meet my picture-fitting needs.…
As an aside, to make sure that certain styles…appear in every new document,…create those styles with no document open,…or load those styles from another document…while no document is open.…I cover this in the movie on creating…default paragraph styles, and the process is the same…for object styles.…Now for those images that are cut out,…where cropping the image is not really an option,…I have an object style called Fit,…and if we look at its properties, frame-fitting options,…this is fitting the content proportionally.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.