Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing motion presets, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Motion presets are a great way to simplify the animation of an object and it's…possible to share your motion presets between InDesign and Flash.…Since Flash has more animation controls, you can bring your simple…animation into Flash,…make some adjustments and export the motion presets back to in design.…Inside InDesign we're going to create a simple animation with a star.…I'm going to select the star and go over to my Animation panel and add…the preset Move Right.…If we want to preview this, we can open up the Preview panel and we'll see it's…doing a simple move to the right.…
Let's export this to Flash Professional.…We're going to go to File > Export and choose Flash CS4 Professional, and we…will put this on our desktop.…We leave all the controls the same and we'll click OK.…And we'll jump to Flash.…Now that I have the exported FLA from InDesign open inside the Flash,…let's take a look at the animation.…I'm going to the Spread and double-click to select the star.…When I double-click again, I can see the motion path.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.