Learn about loading styles, copying and pasting, and using CC Libraries.
- [Instructor] Once styles have been created,…they can easily be reused and repurposed in other documents.…This doesn't mean that the documents will look the same…because you can easily edit the style definitions…while retaining the style relationships.…Let's say that I want to use…all the styles in this document,…paragraph styles and the character styles…and I want to put them in to this empty document…and then use that as a starting point.…So from either my character styles panel…or my paragraph styles panel,…I can choose Load All Text Styles.…
I can choose specifically paragraph styles…or specifically character, but typically you want both.…So I'll do that and then navigate to the document…that contains the styles that I want.…Click open.…I'll see a list of the incoming styles.…The character styles designated with an a…and the paragraph styles designated with a paragraph mark.…I can take specific ones or, as I'm going to, take them all.…I can address how I deal with any style conflicts.…
If I currently have styles in my document…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.