Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a presentation with layers, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Let's get started creating a new document for our presentation.…We should be working in our custom interactive workspace that we created in…an earlier chapter.…After creating our document, we will set up layers to separate our content in…order to manage our file.…The first thing we are going to do is go to the File menu and go to New > Document.…You could also hit Command+N or Ctrl+N on the PC.…Inside this dialog, let's change the Intent from Print to Web, since we are going…to be creating a presentation that's going to be displayed onscreen.…When we choose Web, it also changes our units of measurement to pixels, because…pixels is what is an onscreen measurement.…
Our swatches will also be in RGB instead of CMYK.…We are going to change our number of pages to 8.…We also want to make sure Facing Pages is turned off.…The size that we are going to choose is 1024 x 768.…This is a common size of most projectors, and we can always scale up, but…it's hard to scale down.…So I recommend you to choose a size that's going to be the smallest size that…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.