Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the business card document in Illustrator, part of Designing a Business Card.
- For my second business card project…I'll be designing a card for Buzz Coffee,…a fictitious coffee shop in Austin, Texas.…Here's the finished Illustrator document…and I'm doing this in Illustrator because I want…to combine the logo with the background…and I think it's slightly easier to do that in Illustrator…than in InDesign.…And in fact I'm going to begin with the logo file.…So let's assume that this has been supplied to me by…the client and this is going to be my starting point.…So before I do anything,…I want to save as,…so that I don't overwrite the logo file,…and then I'm going to change the size of the art board.…
Here's the art board tool.…And I want to make sure that my unit of meaasurement…is in inches, first of all let's turn on my rulers command…with control r, I'll change my unit of measurement…right here where the rulers intersect,…I'll come and control or right click on that,…change to inches,…and my size, standard US or Canadian business…card size, 3.5x2.…
I'd also like to add a bleed guide.…For this I need to go to the menu, file,…
- Examining how layout, typography, and other elements add to a design
- Incorporating imagery
- Choosing paper stock
- Using common business card sizes and formats
- Printing options
- Positioning logos and text
- Preparing a business card for print
Skill Level Beginner
Layout and Composition with InDesignwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
1. The Elements of a Business Card
2. Taking a Closer Look at Business Cards
3. Designing a Business Card for a Design Company
4. Designing a Business Card for a Coffee Shop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.