Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting preferences, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
InDesign offers a lotta preference settings you can use…to customize it to the way you want to work.…And to the kinds of documents you're building.…So let's examine some of the preferences and settings that…can help you work faster and easier with interactive documents.…The first thing that's important to understand about…InDesigns preferences is, that some are global, meaning…they apply to all documents you work with,…while others are document-specific, affecting only the current document.…That idea's not hard to understand,…but unfortunately, there's no indication in the…Preferences dialog box, as to which ones…are global, and which ones are document-specific.…
It would be really helpful to tell one…kind from the other, when you're setting your preferences.…This is why I created the visual guide…to InDesign preferences which you can find at indesignsecrets.com.…The guide is a PDF file that you can download…with screenshots of the preferences dialogue box, and the document specific…preferences are all highlighted.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Learning Digital Publishing (2012)with William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.