Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting paragraph style export tagging, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
When you export to EPUB, your InDesign content…and formatting is represented in HTML and CSS Code.…In order to effectively translate the look of your…layout into the proper code, you need to apply…styles consistently to the text throughout your document and…then map those styles to HTML tags and classes.…Let's see how it's done.…Here, I have my course catalog and I've exported it…to EPUB and to some cases the formatting looks pretty good.…InDesign's automatic tagging was able to create some decent results, but…in other places, I see some things I want to change.…
One thing in particular that I'm looking at are…the headings for each department, like Animation up here.…These headings were small in my InDesign document but…I really want them larger here in the e-pub.…And that means tinkering in the HTML and…CSS code after it gets exported from InDesign.…I'm going to have a lot easier time of that if I take the time to…set up mapping between my paragraph styles and the tags that I want in my EPUB.…Let's switch to InDesign and take a look at…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.