Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting object export options, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
- In previous movies, we looked at the process of exporting…to EPUB and how you can get better results by structuring…content with the articles panel, as well as…anchoring items like photos, so they appear…in the right place.…Next, let's take a look at how to control the…position, size and other aspects of images with…Object Export Options.…Here we have a reflowable EPUB that we exported in a…a previous movie and we were able to get the photos to…appear in the right place inside the main story by…anchoring them.…But in cases like this one, I wanted to have these two…photos be side-by-side under this heading here,…Drawing and Applied Arts, I don't want them to be separated.…
Now, right now in the InDesign file, there are two…separate photos and that's why one appears after the other.…What we need to do is to make them into one object.…So, let's see how to do that.…I'll switch over to InDesign, and on page 4 of the exercise…file, where these photos are, the first thing we need…to do is to un-anchor them, and for that, I can just…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Learning Digital Publishing (2012)with William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.