- Let's talk about how to specify the alignment…of your images when they are anchored,…or when they are floating.…Now you can see that right now our image…appears to be on the right.…But if I go to the normal view…instead of preview, and select it,…and see that it's actually not anchored anywhere,…it's just floating there…and it's pushing text away…because of the text wrap.…Let's go ahead and export this to EPUB…and see what happens.…Barkley-position right to the desktop,…we don't need a cover,…and we're checking Object is at…Preserve Appearance, this is Fixed,…Ignore Object is not checked.…
Those are all the default settings,…that's good, let's go ahead and click Okay.…And where does he end up?…He ends up in the center at the end of the story.…Why is he in the center?…And that's because that's the default…for when you export to EPUB.…Let's take another look at that dialog box.…And this is what I discussed…in a bit of detail in the previous video in this chapter…what's happening here.…So by default, things are Align Center.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.