Object Export Options allow you to control the position, size, and other aspects of page items for reflowable EPUB. Issues that can occur with live text, non-rectangular objects, polygons, strokes and arrowheads, drop shadow effects, and type on a path are all demonstrated and fixed with the use of object export options.
- [Instructor] In previous movies we looked at the process…of exporting to EPUB and how you can get better results…by structuring content with the Articles panel…and anchoring items, like photos,…so they appear in the right places.…Next, let's take a look at how to control the position,…size, and other aspects of page items…with Object Export Options.…I borrowed this exercise file…from Anne-Marie Concepcion's course…InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.…And while it's not the most attractive design you ever saw,…it does a fine job of illustrating the problems…that can occur when you export…certain layout objects to EPUB…and how to fix those problems with Object Export Options.…
So first we have an ellipse filled with just a color,…lower down we have another ellipse with a color…and some text in it,…and we have to instances of text on a path.…One with a stroke applied,…and one with no stroke.…Down at the bottom we have a line with an arrowhead applied,…via the Stroke panel,…and we have two polygons in the shape of stars.…
- Overview of interactive document types, including PDF and EPUB
- Creating interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, cross-references, and a table of contents
- Working with media
- Publishing documents with Publish Online
- Creating EPUBs
- Following workflows for interactivity: interactive PDF, reflowable EPUB, and fixed-layout EPUB
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up InDesign to Work with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents Made with InDesign
3. Work with Interactive Objects
4. Use Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Publish Online
7. Create EPUBs
8. Interactive Document Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.