Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching and favoriting fonts (CC and up), part of Introducing InDesign.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this movie, I'll show you how…to Search and Favorite fonts.…What I mean by this is, you can search for fonts…and style names as well as tag fonts that you use…on a regular basis.…Now these are great features, but they only work…in InDesign CC, so if you're using CS6 or earlier,…you can go ahead and skip to the next movie.…Now one of the trickiest things about page design…is managing your fonts.…You probably have a few hundred…or even a few thousand fonts installed…on your system, many of which you never use…and possibly don't even know you have.…
By searching and favoriting fonts, you can figure out…what tools you have to work with.…Now my Selection tool is active at the top of the tool box…which means that I can select this text by double-clicking…inside of it, which as in a previous movie,…switches me to the Type Tool automatically…and positions my blinking insertion marker.…Now I'll select this entire first paragraph…by clicking on it four times, 1, 2, 3, 4, like so.…Now you may recall, in a previous movie…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Appropriate for all
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.