Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video SWF workflow, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Nowadays, with the lack of support for Flash based content on…mobile devices, the number of potential uses for SWFs has declined.…But they remain a viable Option for something like a presentation…that you create in InDesign, and then deliver on a computer.…So, let's take a look at the workflow for creating a SWF presentation.…The workflow can begin like any other InDesign project.…You can create your presentation file from scratch,…or if you're going to use the same format…several times, you might want to design a template file.…Next, you create your slide designs, and then fill them with…text and images plus any audio or video that you want to show.…
As you go, you can add interactive elements to…enhance the presentation, like animations built with InDesign's tools.…You can also use buttons to show and hide content…or play media, and slide shows built with multi-state objects.…And you can add transition…effects that will play as you go from slide to slide,…either in the Pages panel or in the SWF Export dialog box.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.