Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video SWF presentations, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
SWF or Flash Player format is another Option…for creating interactive documents, including presentations with InDesign.…Here's an example of a SWF presentation with all the bells and whistles.…It starts with an opening animated slide, and…it has multiple ways to navigate, including buttons,…an animated pop up drawer with clickable thumbnails…of each slide, and the classic page curl effect.…Let's consider the advantages and disadvantages of SWF presentations.…
A swift presentation offers some of the same…advantages that you get with a PDF presentation.…Namely, that you get to use InDesign's tools to design the look of your slides…and come up with a completely fresh lool,…unlike the templated presentations from Powerpoint or Keynote.…And SWFs are also compact, self-contained, and portable.…And unlike a PDF presentation,…a SWF presentation can include any…animation that you make with InDesign's tools.…So, you can have content moving, changing…in size, bouncing, or whatever else you like.…
The main weakness of a SWF presentation is…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.