Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Round trip Endnotes with InCopy, part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] In the InDesign CC 2018.1 update…from March 2018, the InDesign team added InCopy…to the mix as far as endnotes are concerned.…Because it makes a lot of sense, right?…Who is adding endnotes to text?…It's usually the writer or the editor,…and they are not normally using InDesign,…they're using Adobe InCopy, the adjunct InDesign.…And on the online training library,…there are a number of videos that explain…how to use InCopy with InDesign in more depth,…one of my very favorite programs in the entire…creative cloud pantheon.…
So how does it work with InCopy?…Let's take a look.…Here is a sample book that we've been working with…on and off during this title, and let me zoom out a bit…so you can see how the chapters are set up.…They are individual story threads, very short, okay?…In order for an InCopy user to be able to edit…any of this text, you have to export it to InCopy format.…And we'll do that really quickly.…I'll just go to the Edit menu, go down to InCopy,…and choose Export all the stories.…
Just like that.…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.