Learn how to right align numbers in a number list.
- [Instructor] Here I have a number list…on the right,…I have my numbers right aligned…and you can see that the one digit numbers align…with the two digit numbers on their right edge.…On the left, that isn't the case,…and that's what I want to achieve.…So I'm going to zoom in on this and,…let's just reposition the page over on the left,…I'm going to edit the style definition,…come to my bullets and numbering,…so rather than using a left alignment for the numbers only,…I'm going to change that to right alignment.…
And then I'm going to adjust the position…of the first line indent,…so currently the first line indent is bringing the numbers…all the way back to the left edge…and I need to reduce that.…I'm actually going to press the up arrow to reduce that…and you can see that the single digit numbers…are now moving over to the right.…And I want to go to minus eight points in this case.…Now if we look carefully at the numbers,…they're still not quite aligning…and that is because I have…optical margin alignment applied to the text frame…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.