Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing object and image-conversion options, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- There are two panes or sections…of the Reflowable Layout Export Options dialog box…that controls what happens to the objects and images…in your file when you export them to EPUB.…These are the Object pane and the Conversion Settings pane.…I think they should have all been in one pane,…but you don't have that much screen real estate,…so they split them into two.…Let's take a look at each one of these.…By default, Preserve Appearance from Layout…for Graphic and Media Objects…is turned on in the Object pane.…
And all that means is, what you see is what you get.…If you place an image into InDesign and you cropped it,…and you rotated it, and maybe you added a drop shadow…or anything like that, InDesign will preserve…that appearance in the EPUB.…If you don't want it to, you can uncheck that.…If you want to lose all of your beautiful rotations…and drop shadows, go ahead and do that.…There used to be one reason to actually turn this off,…and that was, if you used the same image…throughout your document,…InDesign used to export a different named version…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.