Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Resources for Word and InDesign help, part of Using Word and InDesign Together.
I threw a ton of information at you in this title, but there is more to learn.…I hope that what you learned will solve 85% of your problems.…But there's always that pesky 15%. And there's always the need to keep up to…date with the new versions of InDesign and Word.…So here are some of my favorite resources. First of all, InDesign Secrets.…This is the blog that I run with my partner David Blatner.…We talk a lot about dealing with placed Word files.…I'll probably be talking a lot about the lessons that I taught in this video as…posts on InDesign secrets. We have about 12 different contributors…who come from all different workflows and backgrounds.…
And like I said, a lot of it has to do with formatting and sharing files with editors.…Check out InDesign Secrets, sign up for the InDesign tip of the week, and just…follow us there. And the other site that I brought up a few…times during this title is the Editorium. This is run by a friend of mine, Jack Lyon…who is a book editor and he's been running this site for years.…
- Understanding the differences between InDesign and Word styles
- Identifying which formatting attributes transfer and which don't
- Controlling text formatting when cutting and pasting
- Placing Word files in InDesign with the Import Options dialog box
- Linking to Word files for automatic updating
- Working with footnotes, hyperlinks, and tracked changes
- Learning best practices for fixing text formatting
- Extracting embedded images and converting Word art
- Converting local formatting to character styles with free scripts
- Round-tripping to InDesign RTF to clear out file corruption
- Syncing Google Docs with InDesign via DocsFlow
- Converting Word docs to InCopy for fast and accurate formatting
Skill Level Intermediate
1. InDesign and Word Formatting Essentials
2. Best Practices for Getting Word Text into InDesign
3. Importing Other Word Elements into InDesign
4. Fixing Common Problems with Imported Word Text
5. Troubleshooting and Repairing Word Files
6. Exploring Alternatives to Word-Only Editorial Design Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.