Learn about nested styles that repeat.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'll show some uses…for the repeat nested style option.…I'm going to start by recreating this first example.…I'll double-click to insert my cursor into the text,…press Command or Control + 2 to jump to 200%…and then just reposition my page.…I'll come to my Paragraph Styles…and edit the repeat_begin style.…Right-click and choose Edit.…Drop Caps and Nested Styles.…New Nested Style.…
I'll start out with none,…so that the first word has just…the base paragraph style formatting.…New Nested Style a second time.…This time I'm going to choose color,…and this will apply through one word.…That takes care of the first two words.…I now need to add a third nested style,…which will repeat the last two styles.…And there we have our repeating effect.…Now the second example is a bit more complicated.…
So we go from regular to bold to regular to bold,…and this kind of treatment is useful…if you have a bulleted list…and there just isn't room to have each of the items…be their own separate paragraph.…What's making it more complicated…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.