- Just as there will be times when you need to add content, there will undoubtedly be times you'll need to remove content. Let's take a look at why this is not quite as simple as removing content outside of MSOs. I have file remove content.indd open from the exercise files, and I'm just going to click to select my MSO. And let's just open up the Object States panel. See that I have the MSO selected.
And I'm just going to close that up right now. I've been told now that maybe we're not going to be using these pins here, we're going to use something else. We're going to try and pull these out of here. Now, I could just try clicking, but all I'm going to do is keep selecting the same multi-state object. And all I'm doing is click on each one. So, now, under normal circumstances, if this was just static content, I'd be selecting those pins. Let's try double-clicking and see what happens. Okay, so I've got that piece, and if I want to get the rest of them in the normal course of work, I would just shift click to select them.
So let's see what happens if I do that. Okay, well, I've got another one. Let's try another one. And whoops, now we go back to selecting the MSO. For some reason, and I really don't know what it is, you cannot select more than two objects this way. And I need way more than two. So we need another method of selecting the content in the MSO or we'll have to just delete two at a time, and I don't really want to go through that.
So let's go back to the Layers panel, because that's been one of our best friends throughout this ordeal. (laughs) And let's pull this out. I can see that I've got my pins here. I did name them. So let's see what happens if we just click here. And if I click the next one, I'm selecting it. But what I'm going to want to do is shift click to get them. And you can see that I can grab them all pretty easily this way.
Then I can just hit the Delete key, and out they go. As you can see, by using Layers panel select content, you'll be able to easily deal with any situation where you need to remove content from a state.
- Working with the Object States panel
- Creating content for basic multistate objects (MSOs)
- Using layers and pages to create MSOs
- Adding and removing states
- Adding content
- Adding objects as states
- Controlling MSOs with buttons
- Using MSOs for interactive content
- Nesting MSOs