After you publish your document to a unique URL using Publish Online, there are a variety of options for sharing that document with others. In this video, Diane Burns gives an overview of these various options and a summary of what can be done with each, including sharing by email, social media, or viewing the document directly from within InDesign.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Once you've gone through all the settings…in the Publish Online dialogue,…it's time to publish your document.…To do that now, simply click Publish,…and off it goes to Adobe's servers.…I've been really pleased at how long it takes…for these document to upload.…It's not bad at all.…Now, you can view your document, copy the URL,…or you can share it via social media or via email.…We're gonna cover all of these options in another video.…But for now, let's view this document.…
Even if your document doesn't have any interactive elements,…you should click through every page…just to be sure there are no surprises.…From the browser, your audience can view thumbnails,…view the document in full screen,…share it, grab the embed code, or download a PDF,…all of which we'll cover in another video.…One last thing, Adobe has made it really easy…to use Publish Online.…Let's go back to InDesign.…I'll close this dialogue…and not only can we choose Publish Online…from this very prominent button…in the upper right hand corner of our screen,…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance