The Publish Online dialog is used to control details of the appearance of your document when it is published. This video will show you how the General settings, such as title and description fields come into play when your document is published, and gives an overview of how to set embed options and allow for the document to be downloaded as a PDF.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at the general settings…in the publish online dialog.…You can access publish online from the file menu…by choosing pubilsh online here.…But most of the time I think you'll probably click…on this button in the upper right-hand corner…of your window.…If for some reason this button isn't showing…in your InDesign CC 2015 or later,…go to InDesign preferences…all the way down to technology preview…and make sure that it's checked on.…Publish online is called a technology preview…because, well, it's very new.…Let's cancel out of that…and then I'll click on the publish online button…and we'll go to the dialog.…
There are two parts to the dialog, general and advanced.…We'll talk about advanced in another video.…For general options…you can either publish a new document,…which is what we're going to do,…or you can update an existing document,…which we're gonna talk about in another video.…The title picks up the file name of your document.…But you can come in and easily edit that.…In the description,…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance