Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Proofing the EPUB on ereader devices, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- When you are exporting to EPUB…and proofing on your desktop,…that can only take you so far.…As you get closer and closer…to getting ready to distribute your EPUB…to the eResalers or maybe from your website,…you really want to proof it on…the actual devices that people will be using.…An iPad, an Android device using an e-reader program…on that device.…After you've converted it to Kindle…as I'll talk about in the next chapter,…you want to put it on various Kindle models…to see what it looks like…because, very often, you're going to get different results…on different devices and there may be…something that is so drastically different…that you're going to have to export…a different EPUB just for that device.…
You're going to have to edit something in InDesign…or even perhaps something in the expanded EPUB.…In this video, I want to show you…a couple methods for moving your EPUBS…to the devices and proofing.…The default method for proofing…your EPUBS on devices…is simply to plug in the device.…If I plug in a device to the computer,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.