Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing your layout with the Preview panel, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
While it was possible to create basic interactivity in previous versions of InDesign,…it was difficult to preview how well it worked.…In order to test your document, you had to either export your layout to PDF or SWF.…InDesign CS5 has a brand-new panel called the Preview panel, which can let you…preview your document directly in the program without having to export.…On the opening page of our presentation, you'll see that on the words "explore"…and "California." In the lower right-hand corner, there's an icon with a few round circles.…These round circles mean that there is animation on these particular frames.…
If I select one of them, you'll see there's a small green line that's…showing the motion path.…That means that the word "California" will be moving up, and the word "explore"…will be moving down.…In a later video, we'll discuss how to create these types of animations.…Since this page will be animating, we want to preview what it looks like,…so we are going to be using the Preview panel.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.