Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing EPUB interactivity, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- Whenever you're working on something new…in InDesign, it's a good idea to test and preview…what you've created before you output.…That way you can spot mistakes early on…and save a lot of time and trouble.…This is why InDesign has features for checking print…projects like Overprint Preview and Separations…Preview, and when it comes to interactivity…and eBooks, you can also preview your work…before exporting with the EPUB Interactivity Preview Panel.…Let's take a look.…Here I have a document that's an artist…portfolio with a few different kinds…of interactivity that work in an EPUB.…
On the left I have an animation…so if I select that and go to my Animations panel,…I can see that the author's name is set…to fly in from left on page load.…If I select the text frames at the top,…they're also set to animate so they'll fade in…on page load after the artist name,…and the main feature on the page is an interactive…slideshow with buttons that control a multi-state…object where each state is a different painting…and caption from the artist portfolio.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.