Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing your layout for Export, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you're ready to hand off your layout to Flash Professional, you might be…tempted to just export it immediately.…But there are some things to check for to ensure a smooth transition.…Just like when you are preparing for Print, you need to check for certain problems.…But preparing for Flash has its own set of circumstances that you need to adjust…before you can export reliably.…The first thing we need to do is clean up our layout to remove any…unnecessary elements.…I'm going to zoom out to a bird's eye view and remove anything extra on the baseboard.…For example, I don't really need these text frames over here so I'm just…going to remove those.…Now with those gone, I can zoom back in and the next step is to remove all of…the layers I am not using.…
There is no content on a layer I don't really need it, and it's going to be…unnecessary inside the Flash file.…So by going inside the Layers panel menu, I can choose Delete Unused Layers.…The next step is color.…We want to be sure that we are working in RGB, whereas the InDesign can go to…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.