Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing tables for optimal conversion, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- These days, tables are pretty well supported in ePubs…because tables are well supported in HTML.…And InDesign does better and better with every new version…in how it converts InDesign tables and their styles…to HTML tables and their styles.…Let's give this a trial run and then I'll give you…a couple tips for making sure that your tables…come out fine in your ePubs.…We're looking at just a single page from Globe Bank.…Actually, it's two pages, it's the same page duplicated.…
One's slightly different than the other…and I'll be using the articles panel to export content.…Right now, we're just going to export this first page.…Let's take a look at the table that we're working with.…I'm gonna zoom in a bit with command or control plus.…So, this table has repeating fills…and it has a header row, and body cells here.…It's inside this text frame that has been…shaped with angled corners using corner options.…That's not really that material.…And inside the article panel, I have dragged over…the elements, the headline, and this body copy, reinvesting,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.