Learn how to prepare your InDesign document for publication via Publish Online. Diane Burns explains the ins and outs of getting your document ready for publishing and how to avoid unexpected results. See how InDesign's interactive elements can be included, such as buttons, multi-state objects or animations.
- [Voiceover] Throughout this course…I'll be working with this document, an online brochure…for a travel agency, the Southern Travelist.…You can download this document…in the exercise files for this course.…My workspace is set to digital publishing,…which you can choose from the Workspace menu.…The good news about preparing your document…for publishing online is no special preparation is required.…You can use any kinds of fonts,…including true type, postscript type one,…open type, or type kit fonts,…but of course it's always best practice to stick to…open type or type kit fonts if you can.…
No special treatment is required for image preparation,…and the really fun thing is, you can include…all kinds of interactivity, as I've done with this document.…The most important thing about preparing…your document is that you preview every page…before you share the URL with others.…If you want to do a quick preview of your document,…go to the Interactive menu and choose…the EPUB Interactivity Preview panel.…By default, this panel will bring up the current page…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance