Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Practice: Create a new interactive document, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we've seen some of…the settings in the New Document dialogue box,…and how you can customize them for any kind of document…you want to create, including interactive documents.…Now it's time to practice a little bit…of what you've learned.…I want you to create and save a new document preset…that's appropriate for an interactive document.…This preset should create a 10-page document for the iPad,…in landscape orientation, give it three columns,…with a 20-pixel gutter,…and 40-pixel margins around all sides.…
You can name your preset whatever you like,…but be sure you save it so it appears in…the document preset menu, in the New Document dialogue box.…Good luck.…
- Overview of interactive document types, including PDF and EPUB
- Creating interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, cross-references, and a table of contents
- Working with media
- Publishing documents with Publish Online
- Creating EPUBs
- Following workflows for interactivity: interactive PDF, reflowable EPUB, and fixed-layout EPUB
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up InDesign to Work with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents Made with InDesign
3. Work with Interactive Objects
4. Use Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Publish Online
7. Create EPUBs
8. Interactive Document Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.