Join Kevin Callahan for an in-depth discussion in this video Populating the XHTML pages, part of Creating Fixed-Layout eBooks for the Kindle.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Whether you've exported text from InDesign,…or copying and pasting from Word or…another text editing program,…you need to add the text to the…appropriate places in each page's HTML document.…We'll design the pages and position the content in the CSS,…which we'll cover in a later movie.…So let's get going with the first HTML document.…We're populating pages six and seven,…which we're presenting as a spread in this HTML document.…So, from the very top, I know we've looked at…these a little bit in a previous movie,…but I'll just reiterate here.…
The first two lines are in every HTML document…you're gonna see, so they just stay there forever.…The second section, the head, contains the title,…and please make sure that when you're…working on a templated workflow…that you change the title in every…document that you're dealing with…inside the template; you can do a global…find change to do that, but it's not…unheard of to send out a book with…a couple different titles in there,…and that's not necessarily a very good thing.…
- What is a fixed-layout ebook?
- Good candidates for fixed layout
- Comparing the Kindle format to EPUB3
- Managing fonts
- Inserting images
- Using the Kindle Previewer
- Exporting InDesign documents for Kindle formatting
- Working with the Kindle fixed-layout template
- Using media queries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Fixed-Layout Format
2. Comparing the Kindle Fixed-Layout File Structure to EPUB3
3. Preparing an InDesign Document for Export
4. Working with the Kindle Fixed-Layout Template
5. Designing Region Magnification (Pop-Ups)
6. Using Kindle Previewer to Create Your Fixed-Layout Ebook
Using Kindle Previewer5m 29s
7. Bonus Kindle Features
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.