Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Polish the script, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- The Transpose script, as it stands now, works just fine.…But if this is a script that you're going to use heavily…or perhaps give to others,…you might want to polish it a bit.…Open the Globe Bank_Small Biz Magazine InDesign file…then open 08_04 Transpose_begin in the toolkit.…Choose File > Save As…and name the file Transpose.…Go back to InDesign and try putting your cursor…at the end of one of the text stories…somewhere on one of the pages…and try running the Transpose script.…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.