Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Plan the Transpose script, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- Let's create one more useful script.…This script will add a feature…that many word processing programs have,…but InDesign lacks.…The ability to quickly transpose two adjacent characters.…Once again, we'll start with a template.…Open the 08_01 New script template in the Tool Kit.…Choose File, Save As.…And name the file Transpose.…Begin by editing the comments at the top of the script.…And document the assumptions and requirements of the script.…
The only requirement I can think of right now…is that the text cursor must be located…between two adjacent text characters.…We don't want a dialogue box to appear…each time this script is finished.…So, delete the alert finished row.…It's worth pausing at this point…to do some careful planning.…Think about any potential issues…that might trip this script up.…These are often referred to as edge cases.…This script would be quite short and easy to create…if all we cared about is…transposing two adjacent characters.…
But what is the desired outcome…if the cursor is at the beginning of a story,…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.