Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video PDF presentations, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
With long standing powerful presentation…applications like PowerPoint and Keynote around.…You might never think of creating a presentation…in InDesign, and delivering it in PDF format.…But here's an example of a PDF presentation built entirely with InDesign…complete with Navigation buttons and Page Transition effects, and even hyperlinks.…Okay, so if you have access to Keynote or PowerPoint,…why would you want to make a presentation in InDesign?…What are the advantages?…First of all, you get to use InDesign tools to build your presentation.…
If you already know how to use InDesign,…you don't have to buy or learn another application.…And with all its precise control over typography, color, and graphics,…there's no more powerful tool for designing the look of your slides.…Second, when you're using InDesign, you're going to…create something unique.…PowerPoint is ubiquitous and so are the themes and templates it comes with.…So, if you use one of those, even if…you customize it somewhat, it can still seem somewhat…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.