Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video PDF forms, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
Most business communication goes in one…direction, from the company to the consumer.…But occasionally, you'll need to give people a way to communicate back to you.…Whether it's to give you feedback in a survey or to submit information…for a subscription, you need a way to organize the information people send you.…This is the perfect job for a form.…Here's an example of a PDF form from the Internal Revenue Service.…And if I click the button to highlight existing…fields here in Adobe Reader, I can see where I can…type in the form and the check boxes I can select.…
There are many ways to design and create a PDF form.…You can design a form in Word, you can make it entirely…in Adobe Acrobat or you can design it in an application like Illustrator.…And then export it as a PDF and add the form fields in Acrobat.…Or if you want a solution that can give you really great…design tools, and the ability to add form fields, you can use InDesign.…With InDesign you can create any page layout you want,…and then add the form fields on top of that.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.