Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of interactive objects, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
- Before we get into the details…of using InDesign's features for creating interactivity,…let's just spend a few minutes…talking about what kinds of interactive objects…you can create with InDesign,…and how they're different from regular objects.…There are three kinds of InDesign objects…that exist just to be interactive.…These are buttons, multi-state objects, and form fields.…And we'll cover the details…of working with each one in later movies.…But we'll start out here…by just trying to understand what they are.…Here's an interactive PDF,…where I've converted some text frames into buttons…that can be clicked to view…the different images in an artist's portfolio.…
Notice that when I mouse over the buttons,…the text changes color.…It goes from black to purple.…And if I click on them, I can see a painting and a caption.…Now, in addition to changing their appearance…in response to user input like mousing over or clicking,…buttons can also be used to do things like…control the visibility of other buttons.…So actually, here, each painting and caption…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.