Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of interactive document types, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
We'll start off this course with a…look at the different kinds of interactive documents…you can build with InDesign, to help…you answer some important questions you might have.…Maybe you know you want to build some kind of interactive document, but you…might not know what your Options are or how to choose between them.…Maybe you just know you want to publish your documents to…the iPad, but you're not sure how to accomplish that.…Or maybe you know you want to publish an Ebook, but you…don't know what tools InDesign has to help you with that.…So, in this chapter, we'll look at the different…types of interactive documents you can export from InDesign.…
We'll see examples of each.…We'll look at the strengths and weaknesses of each for format,…and some key techniques for working with each kind of document.…By the end of this chapter, you should…understand what makes each kind of document interactive,…and be able to use that understanding to…choose the right kinds of documents for your projects.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.