Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Overriding master page items, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we've created the masters, let's begin to place content on these pages.…If I try to select this text, I can't seem to grab it.…The reason is it's a master page item.…You notice these small dots?…These means it's connected to the master page, and it isn't currently editable.…I'm going to hold Command+Shift on the Mac, or Ctrl+Shift on the PC, and click…on each of these frames.…Now that they are overridden, I can edit them or delete them if I wish.…I'm going to double-click in, and I'm going to type in "CALIFORNIA" and "explore".…
Let's change their colors.…I'll select explore, go to my swatches, and choose Explore Pink.…Let's select CALIFORNIA and choose Explore Gray.…I will grab my Selection tools, and I will move this around to position this better.…Next, I hold Command+Shift or Ctrl+Shift on the PC, override this frame, and…then deselect, select it again, and delete it because I don't need it.…Next, I need to add an image for the background.…Now, you might me tempted to override this background frame and then place a…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.