Learn some formatting techniques using paragraph rules and paragraph shading.
- [Instructor] This movie is about…using paragraph styles with rules…and paragraph shading to establish hierarchy.…Especially useful in a listings type document.…Here I have a conference agenda,…and I want to use paragraph rules…to highlight the conference days…and paragraph shading to call out specific talks.…The advantage of paragraph rules and paragraph shading…is that as part of the paragraph style,…they will move with the text flow.…
I'm going to come in, insert my cursor up here at the top,…and press Command or Control + Two…to jump to a 200% view.…And I'm going to start out by applying a style to this.…I'm going to use 02_session_title.…Cause it's going to be based on that.…So then I'll select this,…and I'm now going to make some changes to it.…I want it to be centered; Command + Shift + C.…I want it to be all caps; Command + Shift + K.…And that's about as far as I'm going to go with it here.…
I'm now going to create a new paragraph style based upon it.…And I will call this day.…Now I'm going to move to Paragraph Rules.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.