Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Object styles and HTML, part of InDesign CS6 to HTML.
So far in this course, we've concentrated on exporting content.…Specifically the text content from any given InDesign file to HTML.…But all content in InDesign, text and…images, is contained in some kind of frame.…There are text frames and there are graphic frames.…And a drawn shape is essentially a frame…with a custom shape, and just as the content…of those frames, the images and the text receive HTML markup.…The frames themselves also receive HTML markup when you export from InDesign.…
In this single page layout, I've just got a handful of frames.…A graphic frame here at the top.…A text frame containing the headline, and…another text frame containing the body copy.…This frame I have selected is using the default basic…text frame, object style, in InDesign.…And, if I hover over this plus sign, you can see there's a number of overrides.…This reflects everything different about this frame from that style.…But it doesn't have a custom object style.…This frame with the headline is using the default object style of None,…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.