Learn how to incorporate a numbered list into a paragraph style.
- [Instructor] This movie is about creating…auto-numbered lists.…Numbered lists share much in common with bullet lists.…The number itself is like a nested character style…within the paragraph style.…So on the left, I have my starting text,…which is in the body note indent style.…I'm going to create a style based upon this.…Option or Alt-click on Create New Style.…I'll call this numbers1.…And let's now come to Bullets and Numbering.…
I have my preview checkbox checked.…List type will be Numbers.…My number format, I'm going to use 1, 2, 3, 4... etc.…I can choose what, if anything,…comes before or after the number.…Right now, I have the number followed by a period,…followed by a tab…and I can choose different spacing characters.…I can choose a different number placeholder.…But for my uses here, I just want to delete the period.…
If, for example, I were creating a numbered list of figures,…I could precede the number by the word figure,…but in this case, I don't need that.…I can choose a character style to apply to the number.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.