Learn how to continue the numbering across a range of stories or across a range of documents.
- [Lecturer] This movie is about how to create a list…that numbers across stories.…To do this, in addition to the numbering options…I covered in the previous movie, I need a list style.…I'm going to modify this story and if I make it…into two threaded text frames…we see that the numbers continue.…However, if I were to cut the text…and paste it into a separate story…you see that the numbers restart.…
Let's imagine that these were on different pages…and I wanted the numbers to continue,…then what I need to do is edit…the number list Paragraph Style,…come to my Bullets and Numbering options…and I need to use this option, New List.…And that's really all I need to do,…just choosing is enough, just making sure that this option…is checked and also this one,…which we're going to come to in just a moment.…And now the numbers will continue.…So let's imagine that these parts of a list…are in separate documents and we want to continue…the numbering across them.…
Then, what we need to do is incorporate the two documents…or however many documents you have into a book.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.