Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- These are the resources that you…need to know about to keep up with…this crazy field of ebook publishing.…Nobody knows what the future's going to hold.…This is an industry in flux,…and you need to have a community of colleagues…that you can call on for help…to bounce ideas off of and to help them as well.…So, first of all, you want to go to…InDesignSecrets.com,…that's the big InDesign portal…that David Blatner and I run,…because in our forums,…we have an EPUB and EBOOK forum,…where you can post questions and…other experts will answer them.…
There is a similar forum on the Adobe website…that I helped create called inDesign EPUB,…specifically with EPUB questions.…This gets lots of traffic.…There are many people in your situation…who are learning to use InDesign to create EPUBS,…great questions here and maybe you can…help answer some questions as well.…The MobileRead forum is one of my favorite places.…It's been around for a long time.…Mostly, it's for people who are actually reading…with mobile devices and they have questions,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.