Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video New features and what's fixed (2018.1), part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] In the update to InDesign CC 2018…that was released in March 2018 called 2018.1…Adobe added a few new features and fixed some other features…and did a little tweaks.…I'm going to give you an overview of all of this,…especially the larger new features,…but I'll be going into depth in some of these…later on in the course.…What were some of the major new features in 2018.1?…Well, one of them was a new feature in paragraph borders.…
So if I click inside of the Paragraph…and I go to the Paragraph Borders and Shading dialog box…they added the ability to Merge Consecutive Borders…and Shadings with the same Settings.…That way you don't have to create multiple styles…with some top and bottom borders missing.…I'll demo this in that video later on in the course.…Another somewhat major feature…is that if you go to File, Export and you choose PDF…you have a new ability to Create Separate PDF Files…by individual pages or individual spreads.…
So you can export a long document into multiple pages…or spreads that are automatically named…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.