Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video New Swatch and Swatch Options, part of InDesign Insider Training: Color.
- Let's do a quick review of how to make and edit…color swatches in InDesign,…and also look at a few power user techniques…that you should know about.…First, you know that you can make a new swatch…by opening the Swatches panel…and then choosing New Color Swatch out of the panel menu.…Or you can click on the New Color Swatch button…at the bottom of the panel.…But have you noticed that…sometimes this button is grayed out?…You can't click it.…The reason is that this isn't…a new color swatch button at all.…
It looks like it, but it's not.…It's actually a Duplicate Color Swatch button.…That is, it will duplicate…whatever swatch you have selected.…So if you have either the Paper or the None swatch selected,…then you're out of luck…because you can't duplicate those.…But if I choose some object on my page that has a color,…or I just click a color in the Swatches panel,…then suddenly the button comes to life and I can click it.…But don't, don't do what I just did.…Why?…Because it just made a duplicate of the color,…which is really dumb.…
- RGB vs. CMYK
- Spot colors vs. process colors
- Applying colors
- Converting spot colors
- Creating swatches
- Exploring color with the Color Picker, Color Theme tool, and Adobe Color
Skill Level Beginner
1. First Things First: Understanding Color in InDesign
Spot color vs. process color2m 23s
2. Color Techniques
3. Creating Swatches
4. Exploring Color Interactively
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.