- [Instructor] There is a new version…of the new document dialog box…that was actually introduced with 2017.1,…a second release of CC 2017,…and we never covered it in any previous InDesign course here…in the online training library,…so I want to include it in this course.…The new document dialog box appears, of course,…when you choose file new or press command or control n,…and it's this big mess here.…I'm going to go through it,…but I think maybe it would help if we looked at the legacy…new document dialog box that had been…in existence for years in InDesign and is still available.…
So let me close out of this temporarily.…I'll go to preferences,…which on a Mac is under the InDesign menu…and on Windows it's under the edit menu,…choose general.…And I'll turn on use legacy new document dialog box.…And now I'll go back and choose new document,…and here is the new document dialog box…that we're accustomed to.…So the document presets that you might have saved…appear in a drop down menu here.…You can choose different intents,…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.