Learn how to create more complex multi-level numbered lists.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I show how to work…with multilevel lists in InDesign.…A multilevel list allows independent numbering…of each level.…In this document, I have three levels of numbering.…Head one, head two, and head three.…I'm going to move to the next page to recreate this.…Here I have just the raw text,…and let's look at the style definitions.…I'll edit head one, come to bullets and numbering.…List type, numbers.…
Now, when I turn this on,…it's remembering the previous settings.…So I have level one applied to this,…I'm using a two-digit number format,…a tab after the number to create a hanging indent,…a character style applied to the number character.…But crucially, for what we're after,…this is level number one.…So now I'm going to come to head two and edit this.…Bullets and numbering, also numbers,…this is level number two.…
And what I need to do here with the secondary…and tertiary levels is come to the number…and I insert a number placeholder.…So for level two, the placeholder is level one.…For level three, the placeholder is level two, et cetera.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.