Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Anchoring images in the text flow, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- When you're designing something in InDesign…and you wanna put, say a picture next to,…particularly a paragraph, all you do…is you place the picture next to that paragraph.…You want a caption under the picture?…You create a text frame and put it right under the picture.…If you want something to appear in the middle of a paragraph…you just put the picture in a frame…and set some Text Wrap.…This has Jump object Text Wrap applied to it.…Unfortunately, Text Wrap and positions of frames…are ignored when you export to EPUB as...…
If you recall, I talked about before.…Let's see for ourselves.…I'm going to export this to EPUB by going to File, Export,…and we're going to use EPUB (Reflowable)…and export it to the desktop.…EPUB 3, we don't need a Cover…and I'm just going to preview it in iBooks.…I'll click OK.…And what happened to our picture?…It's not here.…It is here, but it's at the end of the eBook.…That's just because of the particular way…that InDesign exports objects to EPUB…and I cover that in another video on this chapter…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.