Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the sequence of content: Layout order, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- One of the biggest challenges in creating…nice-looking .epubs from somewhat complicated…designs in InDesign is controlling the order of…objects that get exported.…By default, InDesign will start at page one…and will export objects, text frames or image frames,…on a left-to-right, top-to-bottom order.…And sometimes, what you see on the document…here in preview mode, isn't exactly left-to-right,…top-to-bottom order.…The easiest thing to do would be just to…export this to .epub and then you'll see what…I'm talking about.…
But first let's take a look at this, just…a simple two-page document.…We have a background frame with…"A Bella & Barkley Story" subhead above…a headline, we have a photo credit down here,…a main story, a picture with a caption,…a continued line, and then on page two,…the main story continues and we have another picture.…Who are these handsome doggies, by the way?…They're mine!…Bella and Barkley.…This is Barkley, that's Bella, they're…sleeping together on the couch.…Okay, so we're gonna go to File, Export,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.