Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing object size, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In the most recent updates to InDesign,…Adobe added a few more ways that you can…manage the size of objects on the page.…Let's review the default way that sizing works.…I have anchored an image,…and it is a above line image,…which is the kind that we usually want.…And then when I go to export to EPUB,…we'll export to the desktop, under objects,…instead of accepting the default fixed,…I'm going to change it to relative to text flow.…
And we want this image aligned left.…I don't need any space before or after.…Okay, so let's see how that works.…I did show this in a previous video,…so it's aligned left, and as I change the text flow,…the image changes size.…Let's make it larger again.…If I change the text size, if I make the text larger,…the image remains the same.…So that's relative to the text flow,…that's the only way that it changes.…So the image would change size based on…if I was looking at this on a smaller device,…like an iPhone, it would be smaller…than if I was looking at it on an iPad.…
Now devices do some of their own scaling.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.